- Studies of different membrane receptors and their role in melanoma cancer.
- Do they play a role in connection with melanoma cell proliferation? if yes - which?
- Do they play a role in the survival machinery of melanoma cells? if yes - which?
- Are selected membrane receptors involved in the function of certain metalloproteinases, including their trafficking?
- Do these membrane receptors have a role during formation of metastases (in migration and invasion)?
- Are these membrane receptors involved in signaling, for example in modulating signaling from growth factors?
- Can some of these membrane receptors be established as new biomarkers in melanoma?
- What is the prognostic value of such potential novel biomarkers?
- Studies of different membrane receptors and their role in breast cancer.
- Characterization of receptor expression levels and localization in normal mammary tissue and mammamcancer tissue isolated from patients with mammacancer - does the number of receptors increase or decrease going from normal to tumor tissue?
- Characterization of receptor expression levels and localization of receptors in model cell lines established based on tissue from patients with mammacancer.
- Could these membrane receptors be involved in the function and regulation of certain metalloproteases, including their trafficking and function at the cell surface?
- Do some of these membrane receptors or absence of them matter in terms of the level of signaling in mammacancer cells?
- Can some of these membrane receptors be established as new biomarkers in mammacancer?
- Studies of different membrane receptors and their role in placental development and placenta function.
- Characterization of receptor expression levels and localization (including subcellular localization) in first and third trimester placentas, primarily by immunohistochemistry (LM and EM; collaboration with the Anatomy Division of Biomedicine at the University of Aarhus).
- Do some of these receptors play a role in connection with trophoblast differentiation, proliferation and survival?
- Do these membrane receptors modulate and regulate signaling, for example of growth factors?
- Do some receptors mediate trafficking of other receptors?
We perform analyzes of human tissue samples and cell-based experiments in relevant cell models.
The projects are developed in close collaboration with the Institute of Pathology and the Oncology Department at Aarhus University Hospital.